In the early years Muffley Insurance Agency was started in 1918 when Julius Schmitt and two other partners began selling real estate in the Gooding County area. The partners added the sale of Insurance at a later date. Julius and his partner, Earl Whipkey, bought out the other partner in the 1930s and named the agency Schmitt & Whipkey. Earl Whipkey retired in 1956, and Julius' son in law, Jim Muffley, came into the business at that time, changing the name to Schmitt and Muffley. Jim took over the business in 1970. Three years later, Jim's son Bob joined the firm and managed a branch office in Wendell. Upon the retirement of Julius, Jim changed the name to Muffley Realty & Insurance. Then in 1977 upon Jim's retirement, Bob bought the agency and moved all business operations to the Gooding office. Bob remained the owner, until 2015 when he decided to retire, at which time he sold the business to current owner P. J. Curtis. After much thought and research, in June of 2015 P.J. decided to expand the business to include serving Arizona.